Earlier this week I had a chance to talk to Matt DeWald, community manager at Red 5 Studios, the company making Firefall. It’s a shooter that promises to do new and unusual things to the free-to-play space. The game was the big surprise at the most recent PAX event in Seattle, with its blend of cartoon good looks, Tribes-like shooter action, and a persistent world. Perhaps most intriguingly, Red 5 is the company that Mark Kern and William Petras went on to form when they left Blizzard. It seems to have both the vision, and the design pedigree to be a really big deal. I asked DeWald to go into some of the details.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Matt DeWald’
By Jim Rossignol on October 7th, 2010.
Respond to our gibber
- SwENSkE : “@ Incision I'd say he hit the nail quite perfectly.” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry’s Hatred Of Generosity
- Emeraude : “Copyright is the default state. Copyright - authorial rights - didn't exist before being enforced by States. They're an artificial market distortion. By definition it ...” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry’s Hatred Of Generosity
- Grape Flavor : “I respect your idealism but I don't agree with it. People don't object to viewpoints like yours because they think there's something wrong with free ...” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry’s Hatred Of Generosity
- bstard : “Sounds like a good trade-off to me. In practice, hackers are always a step ahead. This social control will catch the excessive cheaters before the ...” on Valve’s CS: GO Overwatch Are Always Watching
- SkittleDiddler : “Whadya mean? The people at Valve are always working on important projects. Like trading cards. Or sweat detectors. Or cross-marketed hats. Or cleaning Gaben's buttcrack.” on Valve’s CS: GO Overwatch Are Always Watching