Granted, it has other things too – most of them somehow involving bullets, cover, explosions, or blood-spattered teddy bears sleeping in the rubble of a dystopian, corporation-run nation that’s forgotten how to hug. Mercenary Ops, of course, hails from the stop ‘n’ pop artists formerly known as Epic Games China (now Yingpei Games, but still affiliated), with the twist being that it’s PC-only and quite enamored with fancy physics. Also, it’s apparently more grounded in real-world tech than obvious wind beneath is veiny, rippling wings Gears of War, but – on the other hand – there’s a tentacle monster. So you be the judge. Check out the full trailer after the break.
Posts Tagged ‘Mercenary Ops’
By Craig Pearson on March 7th, 2012.
It’s not like Gears of War developer Epic Games to do anything quietly: they’ve announced games by chainsawing their way onto stage. But there’s a lack of fireworks and farming equipment in the unveiling of Mercenary Ops, a new third-person shooter coming out in Summer exclusively on the PC. There’s not even a balloon. It’s a Gears of War-ish cover-based shooter made by Epic Games China, with the teams apparently fighting for control Lowallistan on the Duckandshoot Peninsula, in the world of Crouchtopia. Thirty seconds of trailer is below.
Read the rest of this entry »
Respond to our gibber
- squareking : “oh GOD The hours of frustration I lost to this game. I loved N. The elegant and clean design. The spunky ninja. The everything that ...” on N Times: The Way Of The Ninja Updates
- darkChozo : “There's a lot of utilitarian stuff in the $5-$15 range, boring stuff like extra character slots and bank slots and such. There's a full list ...” on Twenty Bucks: Neverwinter
- The Hairy Bear : “Actually I lie slightly, I have taught one game in the pub to a group of people who really dont 'do' board games, which was ...” on Cardboard Children: Change Or Die
- MaXimillion : “I'm reading this on my 5:4 19'' secondary monitor (1280*1024@85Hz)~ next to my 4:3 21'' main monitor (1600*1200@85Hz)~” on N Times: The Way Of The Ninja Updates
- Unknown : “This is the only game that ever made me break a laptop screen by punching it in anger. I did eventually beat all the original ...” on N Times: The Way Of The Ninja Updates