There’s a demo out for insane side-scrolling Serious Sam spin-off Serious Sam: Double D. You can get it on Steam. That will allow you to create your own opinion on the game. If, however, you remain unsure, or were born without vital critical faculties, then you can still read our Wot I Think, which sums up this gun-stacking absurdity rather nicely.
Posts Tagged ‘Mommy’s Best Games’
By Jim Rossignol on October 5th, 2011.
By Adam Smith on September 8th, 2011.
Serious Sam: Double D is the side-scrolling indie spinoff to the irreverent FPS series. Sort of like the inverse of a ‘90s shareware sidescroller evolving into an irreverent FPS series, with continued 2D spinoffs. There are scattered pop culture references, gouts of blood and a wisecracking, macho hero. Observe as I try to give you my thoughts without referring to Duke Nukem even once.
By Adam Smith on August 23rd, 2011.
Not too long ago, John brought you words and pictures in an attempt to describe the madness of Serious Sam: Double D. Now, Mommy’s Best Games have sent an ambassador forth to describe things in his own words. And he has some footage for us all. It’s trailer time and I’d highly recommend having some tranquilisers on hand for when this one’s done.
By John Walker on July 28th, 2011.
As you already know so well, the forthcoming release of Serious Sam 3: BFE is being accompanied by some specially commissioned indie games based on the Sam license. Already out is the demo for Kamikaze Attack, and coming soon is Serious Sam Double D. We have ourselves an almost-finished copy of that game, so I’m going to describe the first couple of stages to you in things called words and pictures.
By John Walker on June 21st, 2011.
There’s a lovely promotional initiative taking place for Serious Sam 3. Quintin brought news of it back in March. A few indie developers, whose games Devolver and Croteam enjoy, have been asked to make a game in their own style set in the Serious Sam universe. I’ve had a chance to see one of them running – Serious Sam Double D from Mommy’s Best Games. Vuvuzelators, chimp amputees and gun stacking within.
By Lewie Procter on April 25th, 2011.
We all love the Serious Sam games. Who doesn’t enjoy clicking on bad guys in the face to make them die? But it’s hard to take them too seriously when Sam’s always been limited to one weapon per hand. What self respectable action hero doesn’t dream of wielding a small army’s worth of firearms at any given time? Serious Sam: Double D looks like it’s set to rectify this heinous design oversight from the rest of the series. I introduce you to Gunstacking. Read the rest of this entry »
Respond to our gibber
- benkc : “Thanks for the list. I was looking through Skyrim GEMS just yesterday trying to build a set of mods somewhat along those lines. Ended up ...” on The Younger Scrolls: Morblivion – Frontiers
- aldo_14 : “If you had five papa deer and five mama deer, you would end up with twenty deer. All of which would show that this game ...” on Twenty Bucks: Neverwinter
- teethreaper : “Well, I don’t agree... I’ve been playing the early access as well and I must say I had a great time. OK, it’s indeed hard, ...” on Element4l Still Looks Delightful, Releases This Week
- Synesthesia : “i miss them too. What happenned to tank-control survival horror? I want more! I miss it badly.” on Call Of Duty: Ghosts RPS EXCLUSIVE Dogshot Gallery
- Otter : “Sad but true, my friend.” on Call Of Duty: Ghosts RPS EXCLUSIVE Dogshot Gallery