John and Dave, aka Team Moon Rising, send word of their game which is called uh Moon Rising. But what is it? Well it’s a turn-based strategy game set on the moon, and we first mentioned it about a year ago. It’s got a new beta out, which you can get hold of over here. And does it have…? Of course: “Yes, there is a full, single-player campaign. But not only that, there is also a Skirmish mode where you can play games against human or AI opponents on a multi-player map of your choosing.” So… You should watch the trailer below, yes.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘moon rising’
By Jim Rossignol on May 20th, 2013.
By Adam Smith on July 31st, 2012.
Moon Rising is the first project from a two-man team of veterans who have been touching screen for a while but have now decided to return to PC and Mac. Imagine that it is 2099 and the moon is being mined for its precious Helium-3. Sam Rockwell is nowhere to be seen so instead of battling boredom and a bit of an identity crisis, you’ll be scrapping over resources as the commander of one of Earth’s superpowers. Personally I don’t think Earth will be capable of supporting a single moderatepower by 2099 but I’m pleased by the optimistic view of a world still strong enough to be at war with itself. Moon combat is turn-based and tactical as shown in the video below. Beta signups are open.
Respond to our gibber
- Firewill : “Game sounds great, I love bizarre settings! and I have to admit I thought the title said "flirt with fog" which sounded right up my ...” on Undertale’s Demo Lets You Flirt With A Frog
- Caiman : “I feel the gaming fatigue exhibited in this article too. It's not that some of those AAA games didn't look pretty good and probably fun ...” on Who ‘Won’ E3 And Other Assorted Musings
- Caiman : “A dog is kinda predictable, don't you think? A komodo dragon would have been thinking outside the box. The military would probably get a lot ...” on OK, Seriously, Are They Going To Kill Call Of Duty Dog?
- riverman : “Really? I mean, did you even read the comment you responded to? Your response was exactly the sort of thing being addressed in the comment ...” on Who ‘Won’ E3 And Other Assorted Musings
- Caiman : ““how the CPU, GPU and RAM work together in concert in that type of environment.” It depends whether they're playing jazz, rock, dub-step or nu-metal ...” on PC FIFA 14 Will Be Previous-Gen Version