It feels like it was only, ooh, 1 month and 24 days since we last risked our collective sanity. We stared into the cold, shark-like eyes of the technological advancement of NvIdIa’S FaceWorks and lived. But at what cost? Back then, we were given a peep into the future of GraphicsFace with Digital Ira, a sadly uninteractive demonstration of what gamefaces will be like in the future. It looked impressive, but with the caveat that it was shown on stage and running on a Titan, Nvidia’s mahoosive card of graphics. Well the tech monolith has just released the demonstration for everyone to play with. If you fancy making a high-fidelity head gurn, then your fetish is well catered for.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘more facey and less unfacey’
By Craig Pearson on May 13th, 2013.
By Craig Pearson on March 20th, 2013.
Faces are everywhere in games. NVIDIA noticed this and has been on a 20-year odyssey to make faces more facey and less unfacey (while making boobs less booby, if you’ll remember the elf-lady Dawn). Every few years they push out more facey and less unfacey face tech and make it gurn for our fetishistic graphicsface pleasure. Last night at NVIDIA’s GPU Technology Conference, NVIDIA founder Jen-Hsun Huang showed off Face Works, the latest iteration. Want to see how less unfacey games faces can be?
Respond to our gibber
- SwENSkE : “Seriously, it boggles my mind that you're obviously able to write. Although your writing doesn't make much sense. If the so-called second hand market (or ...” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry’s Hatred Of Generosity
- honuk : “great, now we have even more people at Valve doing absolutely nothing” on Valve’s CS: GO Overwatch Are Always Watching
- Canisa : “Oh god, that voice is terrifying! It sounds like the game is set during the formative years of humanity's future robotic overlord.” on Toy Story: Plush’s Trailer Is Strangely Sinister
- FuriKuri : “This'll end well. I can't count the number of times I've been accused and/or banned from servers for "hacking" by skill-less tards or butthurt admins. ...” on Valve’s CS: GO Overwatch Are Always Watching
- Emeraude : “And the Court of Justice of the European Union statued that that the tangible nature of the goods in question is NOT a defining element ...” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry’s Hatred Of Generosity