Remember the mildly disappointing sci-fi RTS Universe At War? It was the one where alien races used the Earth as a place to do fighting at each other. Remember that? Okay, me too! I totally reviewed it. Anyway, the developers of that very game, Petroglyph, have another work on the horizon, only this time it’s a free-to-play (read: micro-payments) MMO with some strong Greek mythology themes. It’s called Mytheon, and I’ve posted the “classes” trailer below. Could it be Titan Quest the MMO? If you stare at it with your eyes crossed so the image goes out of focus, it could be. The launch date seems to be a vague “2010″, and we’ll be annoyed if that’s wrong.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘mytheon’
By Jim Rossignol on November 5th, 2009.
Respond to our gibber
- Jakkar : “A worthy post - this is games journalism on a quiet day, provoking discussion and reminding people like Molyneux, infamous for broken promises and misleading ...” on GODUS Publishing Via F2P Mobile Distro, PC Unmentioned
- squareking : “oh GOD The hours of frustration I lost to this game. I loved N. The elegant and clean design. The spunky ninja. The everything that ...” on N Times: The Way Of The Ninja Updates
- darkChozo : “There's a lot of utilitarian stuff in the $5-$15 range, boring stuff like extra character slots and bank slots and such. There's a full list ...” on Twenty Bucks: Neverwinter
- The Hairy Bear : “Actually I lie slightly, I have taught one game in the pub to a group of people who really dont 'do' board games, which was ...” on Cardboard Children: Change Or Die
- MaXimillion : “I'm reading this on my 5:4 19'' secondary monitor (1280*1024@85Hz)~ next to my 4:3 21'' main monitor (1600*1200@85Hz)~” on N Times: The Way Of The Ninja Updates