Techland’s offroad racing game, the unfortunately named Nail’d, has a demo out. You can get it here. Funny that the last time I wrote about this I was lamenting the disappearance of Techland’s Dead Island concept, and now that’s the zombie game trailer that everyone is talking about. I shouldn’t be surprised, I suppose, that Techland have some aces up their sleeve, because the Polish devs have quite a catalogue of games behind them now, including the last two Call Of Juarez games. And does anyone remember Chrome? One of those lost shooters that was almost worth playing, but not quite. Ah, memories…
Posts Tagged ‘nail’d’
By Jim Rossignol on February 22nd, 2011.
By John Walker on October 7th, 2010.
Both Kieron and Jim have taken their turns at complaining about the name of Techland’s forthcoming ATV and dirt-biking racer, “nail’d“. Now it’s mine: Just what exactly is that apostrophe doing? It’s as many keystrokes to type, and it was all one word in the first place. Dear Techland and Deep Silver, your game is called “Nailed”. It has a capital N because it’s a proper noun, and it doesn’t have one letter madly replaced with a stick of wayward grammar. Thanks, love, John. Meanwhile, the game looks fun. New trailer below.
By Kieron Gillen on August 20th, 2010.
Also at Gamescom was… actually, I’m having trouble writing this. Part of me thinks it’s a good idea not to cover this at all, because of one of the most egregiously awful titles I’ve seen in my fifteen or so years of gamesjournodom. The other part of me really likes the bit where you’re flying through the air on your ATV and flipping between the enormous rotating blades of a wind-turbine. Fuckity yeah, etc. I’m posting about – hnnngh – Nail’d, as I have a terrible weakness for the awesome. It’s out before the end of the year, you can find more details on its site, look at new, oddly grainy shots over at Worthplaying and see the trailer below…
Read the rest of this entry »
By Jim Rossignol on April 22nd, 2010.
The last Nail’d in the coffin? Nope, I’ve got pun-blindness on Techland’s “ATV Racing Game” – that means quad bikes and motorcycles – and I feel like a bit of an old duffer even posting about it. Where’s my truck simulator? Anyway, it’s called nail’d, all lower case, which is just silly, but okay. It’s out in the last quarter of the year, and “through its insane bursts of speed, “nail’d” will catapult you from one adrenalin boost to the next.” The same is true of my driving in a quite normal car.
I dunno, these youth racing games. It’s not cricket. And besides, weren’t Techland supposed to be making zombie action affair Dead Island? Whatever happened to that? I see the site has been replaced with a mysterious “under reconstruction” notice. Interesting.
Respond to our gibber
- misterT0AST : “Hasta la Gaben Siempre” on Greenlit: Game Dev Tycoon, RIOT, More
- TariqOne : “"Illusive" eh?” on The Price Of Defiance: Trion Worlds Hit By Big Layoffs
- misterT0AST : “Speaking of 3079, the sequel, 3089 is out. Some coverage would be nice.” on The Younger Scrolls: Morblivion – Frontiers
- Tuor : “I'm thinking Defiance is the main culprit in the need to fire a bunch of people. Rift seemed to be holding its own financially, though ...” on The Price Of Defiance: Trion Worlds Hit By Big Layoffs
- Spakkenkhrist : “Yes because working in a two person team on an indie RPG is what all the kids in tight red trousers and thick rimmed glasses ...” on The Younger Scrolls: Morblivion – Frontiers