Well, it IS also exciting if you like the idea of the high-speed chase-me chase-me game of cops and boy-racers spread across the world and shared among millions of players (for free). Need For Speed World recently celebrate a year of whizzing cars wot go fast, and the Gamescom trailer (below) shows off the enfreshened customisation options and the “birthday” Porsche, which I assume everyone received for being around for year. But who cares when all the cars are already so shiny and so soundtracked with electric pop music?
Posts Tagged ‘need for speed: world online’
By Jim Rossignol on August 19th, 2011.
By Jim Rossignol on July 13th, 2009.
It’s been interesting to watch EA’s ongoing approach with the Need For Speed series over the past few years, and it now seems to be getting rather more complex. The past couple of generations of the series (it’s up to around a dozen games now) had each game delivered with a new “angle”, beyond simply being the next generation in the franchise, with ideas such as career structures, silly plots, realistic damage modeling, or open-world play. The last NFS game I played, Need For Speed Undercover, didn’t really seem to deliver any of these notions convincingly, so it’ll be interesting to see if the two-pronged reboot of Need For Speed: Shift and free racing MMO, Need For Speed: World Online, create something worth paying attention to, and breath new fumes into the series. Continued below…
Read the rest of this entry »
Respond to our gibber
- scatterlogical : “I've backed this, it looks pretty sweet - except they NEED to come up with a better name. "The Untitled Game" is just a stupid ...” on Making It With Science: A TUG Interview
- bongosabbath : “Call of Doogie. Starring Neil Patrick Harris.” on Call Of Duty: Ghosts RPS EXCLUSIVE Dogshot Gallery
- bongosabbath : “*applause*” on Call Of Duty: Ghosts RPS EXCLUSIVE Dogshot Gallery
- fuzziest : “I think this game seems way too early in development for a kickstarter considering they are inexperienced devs. This isn't like hearing a pitch from ...” on Making It With Science: A TUG Interview
- bongosabbath : “His monitor setup. Wow. Ahem. This is something I can definitely get behind. Although I don't exactly get fuzzy feelings when I hear the phrase ...” on Polyptical Discourse: The Kingsport Cases