Neptune’s Pride is an in-development slow-form browser-based strategy game from Iron Helmet games, currently in open beta. You can play it now. Over a period of a month or so, we did just that, with intriguing consequences. We’ve joined forces with PC Gamer (who are also posting this diary here) to bring you the full story of what happened…
Posts Tagged ‘Neptune’s Pride’
By RPS on March 10th, 2010.
By Kieron Gillen on February 10th, 2010.
The RPS battle of Neptune’s Pride treads steadily on. We’re reaching that late-1917 in WW1 period of exhaustion, and we’re still trying to work out how we’re going to write it up. However, to get a taste for it, here’s Quinns writing about it for Game Set Watch. He sums up the game so…
Neptune’s Pride is a game of two things:
#1: Intergalactic War
#2: Being a jerk
He’s not entirely wrong. Read more here.
By Kieron Gillen on January 14th, 2010.
I haven’t played this yet – though I’ve just signed up – but this beta interests me in a couple of ways. Firstly, it’s by a new developer founded by ex-Irrationalite (i.e. Freedom Force, Swat, Bioshock, etc) Jay Kyburz with fellow Irrationalites. It seems I like writing “Irrationalites”. Secondly, it may be the closest thing I’ve seen to what I wished for at the end of my Travian piece back in the day – diplomacy-heavy, low-maintenance, smaller-player-numbers strategy game you can slide into your day. Neptune’s Pride is a online-only space-empire game. It’s been in development for 4 months, but is already is functional and in open Beta. There’s a video below which shows the basics, but you’d be better going to look around the site.
Read the rest of this entry »
Respond to our gibber
- Reapy : “I liked the theme and graphics but saw that too and was all SIGH.” on What Did You Get Up To: Last Knight
- PapillonSkullcrusher : “Heroes and Generals and RETO-MOTO NAZIS I played Heroes and Generals for 2 months. Casually. Made 10 assault teams. Then 2 weeks the game ballance ...” on Hands-on: Heroes & Generals
- Heavenfall : “So the game is broadly split into two parts, one being dungeoneering and the other being dungeonbuilding. It's a rather neat split where you build ...” on The Mighty Quest For Epic Trailers?
- tk421242 : “One significant difference between The Dead Linger and this is that 7 Days is a developer crafted and mapped out world and TDL is a ...” on 7 Days To Die Looks Virally Impressive
- Asherie : “@MentatYP Just thought i'd let you know that i've read your comment, and I can't think of anything to say that I havent already said. ...” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry’s Hatred Of Generosity