Sometimes I need to explain why a tower defence remix is different to the last five. Other times I just have to share the description of the game: “Shad’O is an original Tower defense game … in which you will have to help William, a nine years old boy lost in his own mind, to save his memory. He will be assisted by his luminous companions in order to remember what happened to him.” That might be the best plot for a tower defence game yet. And of course it means it’s a tower defence game about light and shadow. (Which I am sure I’ve seen somewhere else recently.) The trailer, below, shows how that works. Perhaps not the best voice acting, but at least it has a strong mechanic to back things up.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Okugi Studio’
By Jim Rossignol on August 10th, 2012.
Respond to our gibber
- malkav11 : “It's a turn-based strategy game. There's not exactly a ton of design to be rethought for a mouse-and-keyboa~ interface, nor as far as I know ...” on Skulls Of The Shogun Escapes Windows 8 Tyranny
- F3ck : “I also feel like Steam is mostly a bad thing, and do what I can to avoid it. What I hadn't realized is just how ...” on Volition Looking To Mod Support For Saints Row Games
- SkittleDiddler : “Torchlight is good, but it doesn't hold a candle to Torchlight II. Part Deux is a massive improvement over the original in almost every way. ...” on GoG Summer Sale Begins, Torchlight Currently Free
- Sleepymatt : “Yep, the first game was pretty good too. Certainly worth none of your Great British Pounds, at any rate.” on GoG Summer Sale Begins, Torchlight Currently Free
- Jazzyboy : “Well, they are selling the same APU that they've built for the Xbox One and PS4 seperately for the PC apparently, or at least an ...” on PC FIFA 14 Will Be Previous-Gen Version