I’m not sure where indie developers are getting their temerity from, but 2Dawn’s Ravaged is slotting into the space that Hawken occupies: ridiculously attractive online shooters that look like they’ve been made on a massive budget. Ravaged has touches of a post-apocalyptic Battlefield to it: vehicular combat across really big maps. From the ground to the sky, there’s a lot to admire: the vehicle handling looks fun and complex, and I want to fire those guns right now. I also like a developer willing to keep a Steam Friends notification in their video. It’s a moment that speaks to the gamer in all of us.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘online fps’
By Craig Pearson on February 14th, 2012.
Respond to our gibber
- Vorphalack : “With a Kinect in every office, managers will marvel at the ability to pull up the blood pressure, perspiration and pulse rate of any employee ...” on Kinect 2.0 Will Start Watching Your Blood Next Year
- Gap Gen : “Yes, a nice AAR. Possibly a good way to put across how the AI fares, too, which is always crucial in wargames.” on The Flare Path: Elegant Elefanticide
- AlienMind : “Steam exclusive?” on Heavy Gear Assault Now Promises Single-Player
- Ninja Foodstuff : “Think of all the wonderful team-building exercises!” on Kinect 2.0 Will Start Watching Your Blood Next Year
- ShineyBlueShoes : “Yeah, it's a pain but you can checkout 49 items one at a time if you want.” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Extreme Precision