Ooh, I’m in PSA mode: bank-robbing FPS PayDay:The Heist is free on Steam this weekend, and 50% off if you choose to buy it. Dan Gril loved it, and I concur that it’s an excellent mash-up of gaming and film influences: everything from the opening sequence of The Dark Knight to Heat is mined and tossed into a Left 4 Deadish co-op run and gun. It’s kind of the perfect weekend game, if your idea of the perfect weekend is shooting policemen and being able to get to sleep at night afterwards. And if you’re not planning to play this, why not tell us what you are up to that’s so important that you can afford to ignore a free game? It better be damn good.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘online’
By Craig Pearson on March 2nd, 2012.
By Craig Pearson on February 27th, 2012.
So, this video is just 12 minutes and 54 seconds of one of the Nexuiz developers running around a shiny FPS arena commenting on the guns and how the game plays. But its simplicity is the perfect way of presenting the equally simplistic online shooter they’re making: a game where the focus is fast, fluid killamajigging still has a place in my dark, dark heart, and Nexuiz is just that. It has a sticky mortar gun that fires a globby explosive at an enemy that detonates after a few seconds: I like watching people panic, because I’m actually not a very nice person. Video, ho!
Read the rest of this entry »
By Kieron Gillen on December 23rd, 2007.
Now we don’t normally link to games we haven’t had a chance to play yet, but this screenshot caught my eye from Fury and found its way into a quick festive post.
You see, it’s particularly seasonal, because it’s suitably snowy and prominently features a bloke apparently projectile vomiting bile green stuff. And if that doesn’t get a link on RPS, I don’t know what does. Anyway – the news being that Fury, an online action-paced RPG thing, has added a free-to-play option (“Chosen”) which allows you to get a taste for the game for no Earth pounds. If you don’t get horrified by the grammatical apocalypse of “Free 2 Download + Free 2 Play = Free 4 Ever!”, you can get it from here, and then get stuck into feeling aggrieved you have no Voice-chat and a limited friends list.
Respond to our gibber
- Tei : “A few coworkers and me have tried the techdemo, and had hilarious result. I think I remember games like Pontifex, that maybe simulate 8 nodes. ...” on Ferry Good: Sinking Ship Simulator
- tumbleworld : “It's time for a remake of SCRAM!, the classic Atari nuclear power plant disaster simulator.” on Ferry Good: Sinking Ship Simulator
- Carbonated Dan : “I grew up in southampton and visited titanic memorials and museums quite often as a kid watching it break in two was tremendously unsettling” on Ferry Good: Sinking Ship Simulator
- Barberetti : “Wow, that trailer (and the WiT) have made me interested in playing a FPS for the first time in years. Congrats Techland, you've got my ...” on Call Of Juarez: Gunslinger Trailer #23134
- MrThingy : “Wheeeee. I got bronze for humour, which is probably more than the game deserved by a long shot! :P "Be The Wind" ( http://www.ludum~ ) ...” on Fin: Here Are The ‘Minimal’ Ludum Dare Winners