A mouse click has never been so powerful. The idea of simulating an aesthetically pleasing pastime, only to make it even more aesthetically pleasing, is something that James Brown of Ancient Workshop has embraced wholeheartedly. He has begun a task in earnest: to make a game that simulates the art of paper folding in a beautiful, soothing way. Watching the videos of his experiments is like getting a giant bearhug glomp from the videogame industry.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘origami’
By Cara Ellison on March 18th, 2013.
Respond to our gibber
- Svant : “This is what annoys me the most with Steam really... That I cannot be logged into two machines at once on my steam account and ...” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry’s Hatred Of Generosity
- Jason Moyer : “Anything besides catsup or steak sauce on a burger is just weird.” on Wake Sale: Alan Wake Now Humbled And Bundled
- Incision : “No, I'm afraid you need to look it up. The Copyright Office has specifically said that the tangible nature of the goods in question is ...” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry’s Hatred Of Generosity
- nil : “Perhaps that sort of thing (not equity, but notional) is part of the attraction of Kickstarter? (qv. "distributed patronage" elsewhere in the discussion)” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry’s Hatred Of Generosity
- SwENSkE : “I often do. I just tell them where they can find said book. Never had problems - maybe because they're my friends.” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry’s Hatred Of Generosity