Psychonauts unexpectedly updated itself on Steam today, adding achievements and cloud saves. For our Macintosh brethren, there’s super-exciting news in that the game is now available on OSX, so you too can neglect to buy it. To ensure that your portable iDevices won’t be jealous when they see the mindscapes you’re traversing, Doublefine have also released a Memory Vault Viewer app, which has all the memory slides with new commentary by Tim Schafer and Scott Campbell. Along with the other Steamy updates, there’s also a difficulty tweak to one area of the game. Guess which one? I’ll tell you, but only if you click for more.
Posts Tagged ‘OSX’
By Adam Smith on September 30th, 2011.
By Lewie Procter on September 12th, 2011.
Attention, owners of expensive, hard-to-upgrade aluminium PCs: Square-Enix have just sent word that Deux Ex: Human Revolution is going to be getting a Mac release. It’s due out in “Winter 2011/12″, and London based Feral Interactive are going to be responsible for it. They tackled the Mac ports of the likes of BioShock, Borderlands, Rome: Total War, LEGO Star Wars & Tomb Raider: Anniversary, so I guess they know the ropes. Has anyone played any of their ports?
Read the rest of this entry »
By Alec Meer on June 29th, 2011.
Sssh! Keep it quiet or someone will hear. I’m going to post about a Mac game. You see… wait, what was that? Did you hear something? Better hide.
OK. OK. The coast looks clear. Macs are just PCs in better clothes but with narrower minds, so we can write about them here. We’re not big Mac users ourselves, but that’s mostly because most of the games are on PC, mostly. There is a new exception to that, and a game that I dearly wish was on PC. It’s called 100 Rogues, and it’s a jolly, accessible but thoroughly brutal roguelike originally created for the eyeTelephone. I played the hell out of it on my Pad of Eyes for half of last year, and would confidently call it one of my favourite games of 2010. Now, it’s also available for Mac computers, via the dark devilry that is the OSX App Store.
Read the rest of this entry »
Respond to our gibber
- Merlkir : “Little combat, combat system from Monkey Island, graphics style... Wait, is this an adventure game in disguise?! Anyway, backed.” on The Story Of The Streets: Unrest
- Panda Powered : “And then they put a clause on accepting their data-mining in the user agreement that noone reads?” on Watching, Waiting: New Kinect Eventually Coming To PC
- Vesuvius : “"EFF is a lobbyist, I don’t know about their individual practices, but lobbyists are certainly not organizations you should support" .... "I don't know about ...” on Wake Sale: Alan Wake Now Humbled And Bundled
- cunningmunki : “"We may also share some of this aggregated data with companies that provide Kinect-enabled games which will help them improve their product." "This anonymous data, ...” on Watching, Waiting: New Kinect Eventually Coming To PC
- Zyrocz : “And this is exactly why the game haven't sold well enough for a sequel.” on Wake Sale: Alan Wake Now Humbled And Bundled