Blizzard likes betas. I’ve never known a company to be quite so willing to let people prod at their work-in-progress game stuff. It’s almost as if they get something out of it in return! My theory is while you play, they take the vast amounts of data that you generate and output it as raw code. That code is then tinted green and displayed on a black background and just continues to scroll day and night. When Blizzard’s monitors have been on too long with no interference from the user, the code is then displayed. Internally I believe this to be called a “Matrix Screen Saver”. So a beta to their upcoming World of Warcraft expansion Mists of Pandaria™ was inevitable, because after Diablo III’s launch everyone at Blizzard will be taking some much needed foot-on-table time, and those screens will need looking after. And if you’d like to hop into the Pandaria beta, there are a few instructions for you to follow.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘pandas’
By Craig Pearson on March 21st, 2012.
Respond to our gibber
- AaronLee : “Are you serious!? Okay, whew, lemmie tackle these in order... First off, more power to you from another solo dev. Nicely done! Second; I will ...” on Shooting The Moon: Lunar Flight Adds Multiplayer
- AaronLee : “Longtime vet of PS1 here, I beleive I was playing since 01 or 03 or somesuch, can't remember as that was in the awkward fourteen ...” on Why Not? – PlanetSide 1 Kinda Free Now, F2P Soon
- Shooop : “You guys should know better than try to pull that on this site. Christ, it's like I'm reading a press release.” on Call Of Juarez: Gunslinger Trailer #23134
- Rindan : “It looks interesting because it looks like open world survival with construction elements. No one has managed to do it well yet in anything that ...” on Hammer Time: The Dead Linger’s Barricade Update
- tetracycloide : “Why?” on Coil Up With A Good Game: Teslagrad Footage