A couple of people (thanks!) forwarded me the Slender: The Arrival beta footage which I’ve posted below. I watched it, not knowing what to expect, but in hindsight I realise I should have known exactly what to expect, which is a lot of stumbling about in the dark with a flashlight, as the game slowly raises a battery of terrifying drones and horrifying Slender Man images to daunt you as you progress.
Posts Tagged ‘Parsec Productions’
By Jim Rossignol on February 11th, 2013.
By Nathan Grayson on September 25th, 2012.
Hey everyone, Slenderman’s back! Again. Also, he was never really away, seeing as he’s always right behind you and – seriously – he never went anywhere. After redefining the phrase “anatomy of fear,” Slender spawned roughly 300 (just kidding: actual number is one gazillion) imitators of varying quality and, er, existence. But now, original developer Parsec Productions is on the comeback trail – this time with a full commercial release. I have to wonder, though: How far can this go? I mean, Slenderman’s overnight fame precedes him. At this point, what’s left for him to kill aside from the element of surprise?
By Nathan Grayson on July 4th, 2012.
When going about my day-to-day business, I like to maintain a healthy level of heart-rate-skyrocketing paranoia. So naturally, I find myself glancing over my shoulder a fair bit when I’m out and about, and it’s quiet - too quiet. Slender, I think, is a pretty good validation of all my greatest fears. It’s based on Something Awful’s Slender Man myth (which I confess to having known nothing about until now), but ends up feeling a bit like Amnesia – dread-inducing use of complete darkness and all – but in an open forest with one hyper-spooky thing constantly Right Behind You.
Respond to our gibber
- jonahcutter : “I always wanted a game based on Watership Down. This doesn't look as if it has the animals able to talk, reason and tell stories ...” on Stealth Badgers: The Full Shelter Trailer
- DrMcCoy : “Well, I always took it that this is exactly the difference between a debit and a credit card. Credit card: You buy it on credit, ...” on The Story Of The Streets: Unrest
- calendar_man : “Call of Fable: Modern Pffft” on Surprise: Msoft Not Keen On Porting Xbox One Exclusives
- tossrStu : “SAVE THE BADGERS” on Stealth Badgers: The Full Shelter Trailer
- Liudeius : “15 exclusives: NFL 2014 NBA 2014 FIFA 2014 NHL 2014 NFL 2015 NBA 2015 FiFA 2015 NHL 2015 Forza 5 Forza 6 Halo One Halo ...” on Surprise: Msoft Not Keen On Porting Xbox One Exclusives