Jim and Adam have written words about Planet Explorers, a sort of
MMO single and multiplayer voxel-based construction game that’s free to download right now. The reason I am returning to the game is the developer of this oddball mix of Spore, WoW, and Minecraft has just released a video showing their commitment to user-created content. It’s a sci-fi fantasy world with giant, stalking deathbeasts, shiny spaceships, and laser blasters, so naturally you’d expect to see Arrested Development’s Stair Car roaming the lands.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘pathea games’
By Craig Pearson on March 29th, 2013.
By Adam Smith on December 10th, 2012.
Planet Explorers, the voxel-based construction, exploration and critter-shooting game, has now reached version 0.41. It can be downloaded from Gamefront or using your torrent software of choice but it’s a fairly hefty download – 1.35 gig – so I haven’t had a chance to try it yet because my internet connection appears to have frozen as the winter chill sets in. The game is of the sandbox variety but places players on a specific, designed planet rather than a random world. The aim, at least in the early stages, is to defend a group of stranded colonists by building fortifications and learning about the flora and fauna. Two videos aim to show how exploration and construction work. They are below.
By Adam Smith on July 5th, 2012.
Where are all the blocks? Planet Explorers, available in alpha right now, is a terraforming, building, crafting sort of a thing, but when the player starts digging the earth isn’t shifted in discrete cubes. Unnatural and off-putting as that is, it does at least give the game a distinctive appearance, as do the giant creatures trundling about. Construction is of the fort and tower variety, given that the planet is hostile in the extreme, and it could turn out to be quite the thing, as demonstrated by the trailer below.
Respond to our gibber
- mwoody : “I know it's not a popular opinion, but I still hold that Mercenaries 2 is one of the greatest co-op games of all time. It ...” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Extreme Precision
- bluebomberman : “You're reading too deeply into my comment. Nowhere do I say that programming for consoles is cake and pie.” on Bungie: Destiny Not Ruled Out For PC
- Jumwa : “Thanks for the response! Will skip the hassle. Too many games for me to play that don't require mucking with the defective GFWL client already, ...” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Extreme Precision
- bluebomberman : “It's my bid to get hired by RPS. Except I'm too serious.” on Bungie: Destiny Not Ruled Out For PC
- bluebomberman : “No. The advantages of mouse and keyboard only matter if you're going to have PC players on the same servers as console players. Cross-platform servers ...” on Bungie: Destiny Not Ruled Out For PC