Planet Explorers has one of my favourite premises for a game, which is: you’ve crashed-landed on an alien planet, now go off and explore and survive. The way you do this is by engaging in a game that is somewhere half way between Minecraft and an MMO. (You start off getting a mission from someone with an ! above their head, and that mission is to hit a tree so that you can gather materials to build stuff.) It’s in alpha right now, but it’s on its way to being a big builder’s sandbox, complete with a voxel landscape that you can deform, or at least run around in digging holes with a shovel, as I did for the first half hour. It’s a world filled with alien plants, alien beasts, and towering robot things. The game is in early alpha right now, so it’s very much a work in progress, but it’s a (currently) free game that already does do what it’s says on the tin. There’s a trailer below showing off some of the delights of the latest build.
Posts Tagged ‘Pathea’
By Jim Rossignol on February 25th, 2013.
Respond to our gibber
- Sheng-ji : “Can you not read: I quote from you "You should be giving to a charity that ..." Like I said, you are an arrogant pig. ...” on Wake Sale: Alan Wake Now Humbled And Bundled
- Cinek : “I don't get this game to be honest. Sounds like one of these games which are difficult only because: A) noone bothered with good tutorial ...” on (Not) Rocket Science In Kerbal Space Program
- AngoraFish : “Okay, I've played now for several hours (well into noble stages), but I think I'm done. The game is addictive in a repetitive sort of ...” on 7 Grand Steps Takes One Giant Leap Toward Release
- Aardvarkk : “I was thinking it was a messier Smash TV revamp..” on Diablincoln: Second Chance Heroes Fuses ARPGs, History
- bjohndooh : “They just patched it out, giving resources instantly and added point-and-click trading of resources between players. Trading is a nice addition that should have been ...” on Wot I Think: Sanctum 2