PAX Prime, the increasingly gargantuan expo set up by the chaps at Penny Arcade, is almost upon us. One of the most enjoyable parts of the whole shindig is the selection of the PAX 10, a group of indie games selected to enjoy the exposure that such a large platform can bring. Super Meat Boy and Bastion were both picked last year; not bad company to be in. This year there are some familiar titles and one that’s entirely new to me. From DigiPen, A Flipping Good Time is a platformer with a gravity switch mechanic you may have seen before, but do not be deterred. This is fun times. And it won’t cost you a penny.
Posts Tagged ‘PAX 10’
By Adam Smith on August 23rd, 2011.
By Jim Rossignol on September 6th, 2010.
Nothing escapes the omniscient eye of the internet, and so it wasn’t long before the hands-on Duke play at PAX was uploaded by winged technologists to our glowing rectangles. You can bear witness to some of the activities of the man in shades, below. It seems to be some kind of action game, focused on the use of firearms. The perspective, sensibly, is set from the view of the protagonist. There doesn’t seem to be any way to talk to the monsters, aside from perhaps making some caustic quips that are basically rhetorical.
So yes. Duke footage.
Read the rest of this entry »
Respond to our gibber
- The Random One : “" Affected bones would glow a greenish-white colour in the dark." Shut up, real life, you're trying too hard” on Hallelujah: Chemical Spillage Simulation Is Real
- spectone : “When I started to read this article this image of a computerised WHS quiz jumped into my head. Now I cannot dissacociate this game from ...” on Hallelujah: Chemical Spillage Simulation Is Real
- arccos : “Thank you for teaching me something I never, ever, ever wanted to know. My nightmares tip their hats to you!” on Hallelujah: Chemical Spillage Simulation Is Real
- Stinkfinger75 : “I'm flabbergasted to read that Denny's has made its way across the Atlantic.” on Hallelujah: Chemical Spillage Simulation Is Real
- Strange Brew : “Are all games simulations? Are all simulations games? IS THERE A SPOON?!” on Hallelujah: Chemical Spillage Simulation Is Real