Minecraft 1.8 aka “The Adventure Update”, aka “When Jim Plays Minecraft Again”, has been shown on the show floor at PAX, and you can see a bit of that in action below, along with graphical tweaks, dungeons, Endermen, and so forth. You get to see the new inventory and some other stuff such as “creator mode”, but the really interesting thing about 1.8 is the existence of “NPC villages”, where groups of baddies will spawn and live. Check out Notch narrating a video of the update below, via IGN.
Posts Tagged ‘Pax’
By Jim Rossignol on August 29th, 2011.
By Lewie Procter on August 19th, 2011.
According to the official twitter account for Counter Strike: Global Offensive, they’re going to be demoing their new game at PAX next week, and at Eurogamer Expo next month. Not only that, but if you turn up to give it a try, you’ll get given a key for the beta. Sounds like a good chance for us to have an RPS vs Readers showdown to me, although if/when I get killed, I’m going to blame it on lag.
Any of you lot going to PAX and/or Eurogamer Expo?
By John Walker on September 4th, 2010.
Last night at PAX, Valve released a new collection of co-op screenshots from Portal 2. I got to thinking that you might like to look at them. In response to this thought, I’ve put them up on popular PC gaming website Rock, Paper, Shotgun. They’re below. As usual, click on them for largess. And largeness.
By Jim Rossignol on September 10th, 2008.
Bioshock’s big daddy, Ken Levine, took some time to talk to the masses about his life at the recent PAX. He tells a familiar tale of growing up with geek-tendencies, and then finding games as his place in life. It’s a story that wouldn’t have been out of place in this year’s most exciting book about videogames.
Anyway! PAX keynote beyond the jump.
By Alec Meer on September 1st, 2008.
The Penny Arcade Expo is, of course, a silly little fan-festival attended only by four people who like reading internet cartoon strips about swearing. It’s definitely not a major gaming event at which a ton of important games are on show, and potentially a serious rival to the likes of E3 and Leipzig. There’s no way stuff like Fallout 3 will reveal exciting new footage there. That would be ridiculous.
So, five lengthy videos straight outta PAX beneath the cut, showing Fallout being RPGy, and not simply FPSy, as was the case with the underwhelming E3 footage. I’ve posted my as-I-watched notes below each. Apologies for their brevity and wobbly grammar, but I figured my off-the-cuff reactions could work as well as ponderous analysis. We’ll have plenty of ponderous analysis once the game’s out, I don’t doubt.
Respond to our gibber
- Gap Gen : “https://www.yout~” on Ferry Good: Sinking Ship Simulator
- tk421242 : “I just spent a few short minutes with the alpha demo and I can see where the promise is in the game. I was not ...” on Polyptical Discourse: The Kingsport Cases
- Cinek : “Looks rather unrealistic... I mean... since when masts are made of rubber?” on Ferry Good: Sinking Ship Simulator
- Ostymandias : “oh my god it is clearly obamacare socialist reform fascist dictatorship” on Call Of Duty: Ghosts RPS EXCLUSIVE Dogshot Gallery
- Ianuarius : “Unlike gryphons, fairies, and other little critters you might run into when strolling through the forest.” on Capturetrainridefight! – Dragon’s Prophet’s Open Beta