The winner of last year’s $20,000 Seumas McNally Grand Prize at the Independent Games Festival was Crayon Physics Deluxe. Finally, on January 7th 2009, we are able to buy the finished game. Has that extra year and financial aid helped the hand-drawn physics puzzler maximise its potential? Or did Petri Purho end up eating all the crayons and sitting in the corner? Having played that finished version, here’s Wot I Think.
Posts Tagged ‘petri purho’
By Jim Rossignol on January 6th, 2009.
By John Walker on December 23rd, 2008.
The cuddly joyful happy place that is Crayon Physics Deluxe now has its beta demo available for anyone who’s pre-ordered. Which you really should have. You can do so here. This early behind-closed-doors demo from Kloonigames’ Petri Purho contains the first 18 levels of the game, along with access to a limited version of the level creation tools, letting you set your own challenges. It’s the first chance for people to get their hands on the Deluxe version of things, and see quite how many leaps and bounds forward this is since the original Crayon Physics.
By John Walker on November 11th, 2008.
I first played Crayon Physics Deluxe just under a year ago, when sniffing around the IGF entries, and adored it. Then the waiting began. Finally, nearly a year later, Petri Purho’s Seumas McNally Grand Prize winning creation is available for pre-order.
By Jim Rossignol on July 6th, 2008.
Pertri Purho, the creator of the IGF-winning Crayon Physics, has knocked out another minigame. This time it’s a puzzle-platformer called Jimmy’s Lost His Toilet Paper. You can get it here. I found it a little frustrating to control, and banged Jimmy’s ever-grinning bonce on the platforms a little too often. Nevertheless it makes up for the frustrations in charm and excellent music.
Respond to our gibber
- RaiderJoe : “Wow, they're getting smarter. They're… adapting!” on Call Of Duty: Ghosts RPS EXCLUSIVE Dogshot Gallery
- Syphus : “I don't really have all that much to contribute here, but I just wanted to say that this is still my favorite column on the ...” on Cardboard Children: Change Or Die
- ClawMark : “Yeah my dropbox account got pretty hammered, a few other sites re-uploaded it, so here's one of the non-intrusive ones: http://bartbonte~” on Fin: Here Are The ‘Minimal’ Ludum Dare Winners
- hotmaildidntwork : “I'm definitely going back for a bit just to fly the Liberator as it always should have been. How I miss conducting actual bombing runs ...” on Why Not? – PlanetSide 1 Kinda Free Now, F2P Soon
- shrk : “Sourceforts4dead~” on Hammer Time: The Dead Linger’s Barricade Update