If it looks like Minecraft and builds (kind of) like Minecraft and – though I haven’t chewed it (yet) – presumably tastes a bit like Minecraft. So is it Minecraft? If we’re talking about “alleged lovechild of Minecraft and Fallout” RPG shooter 3079, then the answer’s a resounding “hardly.” Originally catapulted into the public eye via Indie Royale’s Alpha Bundle, the unabashedly lo-fi indie curiosity recently shed its beta tag and, in its place, donned a slightly heftier price tag. So, is 3079 worth your 2012 time and money? Depends on what you want out of a game purchase, really. Here’s wot I think.
Posts Tagged ‘phr00t’
By Nathan Grayson on April 25th, 2012.
Respond to our gibber
- Slurpy : “My first MMO was Final Fantasy XI, and I honestly thought it was the worst game I had ever played. Then I played WoW, and ...” on Neverwinter Diary: Tales From The Sword Coast Part 3
- gschmidl : “Yes, it's still the same, including a lack of punctuation on all dialogue. It's just sloppy and lazy all over. On the other hand, being ...” on A Grim Couple Of Hours With Akaneiro: Demon Hunter
- roselynne : “This is more great than one I know in some game sites.. I hope izombiegames.com will have the same ideas.” on Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery Headed For PC
- Moraven : “Taking all the cards equal or better than what is expected in the Xbone and PS4. 20.19% is the total % from all the cards ...” on PC FIFA 14 Will Be Previous-Gen Version
- roselynne : “This game means a lot to me, this is in fact one of my favorite and even reminds me of the times that I am ...” on Mulling Mode 7 Man’s Management-Centric Maia