Swedish network technology company Pikkotekk got in touch to tell us about their new project: putting 1000 players in the same shooter, with everyone on the battlefield able to shoot everyone else. “About one year ago, we were talking with CCP and we came up with this idea that if we made a MMO FPS in Unity, the technical achievement would be of such magnitude that it would even impress random women in bars,” says Pikkotekk’s Christian Lönnholm. He might not be quite right about this achievement being quite that level of magnitude, but the concept is certainly impressing me. More below.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Pikkotekk’
By Jim Rossignol on March 7th, 2011.
Respond to our gibber
- maximiZe : “Nothing about this game is unique.” on Less Wooden: War Logs Improves Voice Acting
- borut : “Because of the expense of releasing this content as DLC for all previous Microsoft platforms, as well as current market conditions, we’ve decided to focus ...” on Skulls Of The Shogun Escapes Windows 8 Tyranny
- Kobest : “Not even an inch! :D But joking aside, don't get me wrong, there were some geniune moments in the game. Going into the memories of ...” on Telling Tales: Molyneux Vs Vanaman
- Velko : “I see what you did there.” on Less Wooden: War Logs Improves Voice Acting
- 手機殼 : “手機殼... Just to allow you know your website seems a little bit strange on Firefox on my netbook utilizing Linux ....” on As Narbacular Drop Is to Portal