If there was a three-way pile-up of Ridge Racer, FlatOut and Trackmania, where they all hit with such force that the tangled mess of wreckage fused together and not even surgery could separate them, then when the doctor removed the bandages (you know, after he’s tried to operate on this broken metaphor) what would be revealed would be Ridge Racer Unbounded. I’ll confess, I didn’t know that Namco’s spiffing looking racing game was being made by the same developers of the FlatOut series, but all the latent excitement I’ve had about it now makes sense. But for them to take something as speedy as Ridge Racer, mix-in the physics of FlatOut and then go and toss in an editor that’s inspired by Trackmania, my interest is no longer just latent. Video is below-low-lo.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘pile-up’
By Craig Pearson on March 22nd, 2012.
Respond to our gibber
- gwathdring : “@Grape Flavor Fair enough. I'm less frustrated by it, but I certainly understand the tendency to push back against an echo chamber. I'm not particularly ...” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry’s Hatred Of Generosity
- PastyAndUnhealthy : “I played it! It was pretty cool.” on The Soaring ’20s: Contrast Platforms On The Shadows
- Sizer : “Or maybe I like to think about what I'm writing and get my point across in a cohesive and succinct manner.” on Call Of Juarez: Gunslinger Trailer #23134
- Amun : “I know right? It's like buying a copy of Doom and saying, "What? I have to manually kill all these Imps?!"” on (Not) Rocket Science In Kerbal Space Program
- SominiTheCommenter : “The others are a Lada and a Fiat Cinquecento.” on What Did You Get Up To: Last Knight