I was sat on a beach on Zanzibar this summer, watching a lunar eclipse. The moon’s light dimmed and winked out, the sky filled with stars and I could see the edge of the Milky Way. As spectacular as the view was, my mind briefly turned to Elite II: Frontier, when I was up there in those stars, hunting and hauling. I wanted to be back. I’ve found out how. Pioneer is free sort-of remake of the classic space sim. Every time I load it up it *feels* like the game I lost months to, but the development team aren’t stopping at a perfect recreation: this is Frontier being reborn. I chatted to some of them, a group of passionate fans spread all over the globe, about how you build a universe.
Posts Tagged ‘Pioneer’
By Craig Pearson on December 6th, 2011.
Respond to our gibber
- pac0master : “Woops ....” on Ferry Good: Sinking Ship Simulator
- pac0master : “My fault. i broke some part of the bow by accident in the video. The new model i will release later on will not.” on Ferry Good: Sinking Ship Simulator
- pac0master : “I would like to thanks RPS for the nice review of my Game. You helped us so much, tons of people come and donated over ...” on Ferry Good: Sinking Ship Simulator
- pac0master : “The ship will sink faster and will create debris and some kind of air bubble as it sink. :3” on Ferry Good: Sinking Ship Simulator
- Panda Powered : “Don't forget fish moving away as you swim near them! That requires transistors and at least several shader techniques not existing in current hardware.” on Call Of Duty: Ghosts RPS EXCLUSIVE Dogshot Gallery