This doesn’t require a great deal of thought. If you don’t already own the Director’s Cut of Broken Sword, I’d recommend dashing over to Good Old Games in your internet vehicle of choice, for there you can download it for free. GOG are celebrating their six millionth download and this is their way of partying. How jolly nice of them. If you haven’t already played it and have even a passing interest in point and click games, conspiracy theories or gorgeous hand-drawn graphics, this really is your lucky day. The offer ends October 1st, 7.59 AM EDT so you’ve got plenty of time, but don’t dally. Onward!
Posts Tagged ‘point and click’
By Adam Smith on September 29th, 2011.
By Adam Smith on September 28th, 2011.
Who wants a free game to play? Lots of people. Who wants a free “expressive game” to play? Not quite so many. Did I also mention that it’s French? Well it is. A French expressive game about a man exploring his past to fix his future. It’s called Keys Of A Gamespace and for one glorious moment I thought it might be my new favourite point and click game, for at least today. In the end, that wasn’t the case. Let me tell you why.
By John Walker on March 8th, 2008.
Germany really seems to be standing up for the point and click adventure. With varying results. At the shinier end is Deck13′s Ankh, but more often by the time they’re in our English-speaking hands the humour is completely lost by poor translations and localisation. Nevermind the crappy puzzle design that’s currently endemic throughout the genre.
So, is there hope on the horizon from German developers Daedalic Entertainment? They’ve got not seventy, not minus six hundred, but three new point-n-clickers due over the next couple of years. Here thems are:
Respond to our gibber
- mwoody : “If you use NoScript or anything similar - or, I'd wager, overly zealous Internet security software - the site will fail in a variety of ...” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Extreme Precision
- mwoody : “I rather think folks in the UK are beyond the IRS' grasp.” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Extreme Precision
- Styles : “Well see, that's not our fault or our problem. Other companies are doing amazing kickstarter work with low budgets. What do I expect? I expect ...” on Heavy Gear Assault Now Promises Single-Player
- Styles : “Yep, it's too late now .....I don't trust these guys at all to do a decent single player campaign, knowing that they wanted to focus ...” on Heavy Gear Assault Now Promises Single-Player
- JKjoker : “*Game/Movie gets auto-paused because no user is detected* *Oh*” on Kinect 2.0 Will Start Watching Your Blood Next Year