I’m not sure where indie developers are getting their temerity from, but 2Dawn’s Ravaged is slotting into the space that Hawken occupies: ridiculously attractive online shooters that look like they’ve been made on a massive budget. Ravaged has touches of a post-apocalyptic Battlefield to it: vehicular combat across really big maps. From the ground to the sky, there’s a lot to admire: the vehicle handling looks fun and complex, and I want to fire those guns right now. I also like a developer willing to keep a Steam Friends notification in their video. It’s a moment that speaks to the gamer in all of us.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘post-apocalyptic’
By Craig Pearson on February 14th, 2012.
Respond to our gibber
- Eliijahh : “I've played Eggnogg with my father and we've been having fun like two children. BTW looking at the videos about nidhogg, eggnogg looks much more ...” on Live Free, Play Hard: Then Mystical Snake Shit Happened
- Convolvulus : “Drakensang: The River of Time, prequel to the game in this bundle (though released afterward), is currently on sale at Amazon US for $2.99, which ...” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Hit Back
- Convolvulus : “Insofar as they're compelled to do things that customers approve of in order to keep receiving money, yes, Gaben and friends are obligated to resolve ...” on Robots Need Hats Too: TF2′s Community Created Update
- Sigvatr : “You stopped playing a fun game because of some political drama? Jeez, aren't you just a douche.” on Robots Need Hats Too: TF2′s Community Created Update
- Xyvik : “No, 35% is an excellent deal as an author. And it's an excellent deal just about anywhere in the creative community where you make your ...” on Robots Need Hats Too: TF2′s Community Created Update