Looking at Steam’s Stats page, Half-Life 2 is currently sandwiched between Plants vs Zombies and X3: Albion Prelude. But this weekend, if the Call For Communication Steam Group pull it off, Valve’s own game should be somewhere near the top ten. The protesters are hoping that the surge of players will send a message to Valve: “we want to know what’s happening to Gordon Freeman.”
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘protest’
By Craig Pearson on February 1st, 2012.
By John Walker on November 12th, 2009.
A lot of indie games have just changed their names. Remember Fez? It’s now Fedge. Tyler Glaiel’s Closure is now named Closure: on the EDGE of reality™. The forthcoming iPhone game Critter Crunch is henceforth referred to as Critter Credge. And the enormously enjoyed Canabalt is now called Canabedge. Although Atomic Edge Games aren’t too pleased about it all. Other new games have been announced including Ted Marten’s Edgeward McEdgington, Secret Exit promises to bring us LEDGE, Steph Thirion’s Eliss declares a sequel, Edgeliss, Tyler Glaiel is back with a new game, Edgeform: On The Edge Of Insanity, and there’s rumours of a new game from Dejobaan, EeeeeEEeeeEEEeeEEEEeEEEEEdge! A Feckless Disregard For Poopieheads. You may have noticed a pattern. This is a solidarity movement amongst the indie development community to stand up to the legal actions of Tim Langdell, who has recently launched another attempt to remove a game from Apple’s iTunes store due to including the word “Edge” in its title.
Respond to our gibber
- Don Reba : “you and I” on Robots Need Hats Too: TF2′s Community Created Update
- Pliqu3011 : “Exploitative? Even if the creators get “only” 30%, how much do you think they would earn if they modeled those hats, maps etc. for use ...” on Robots Need Hats Too: TF2′s Community Created Update
- KingVrox : “Really? The part at the motel was, in my opinion, one of the weakest parts of the series. Using a pillow to muffle a gunshot, ...” on Telltale On ‘Weird’ Experiments, Revisiting Comedy
- TreuloseTomate : “Well, TF2 is still fun. But it's a different game than what has been released over 5 years ago.” on Robots Need Hats Too: TF2′s Community Created Update
- Earl-Grey : “Oh Craig already owns Dark Souls, the swine. He just brazenly refuses to listen to sense. ...but we still love him, bless him.” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Hit Back