Handsome sailor and shooty boat simulator PT Boats is getting an expandalone, which is to say it’s getting a sequel that doesn’t quite justify the sequel tag, because it’s more of the same. And more of the World War II toys, too, including new aircraft, and plenty of new boats with guns. The expansion, called South Gambit, about which you can get of details just here, buffs up the graphics and the AI, as well as setting the scene on new seas. Battlefront inform us that the game will take place along the North African coast, and in the Black Sea, where there will be some new Russian units to play with. It’ll go on sale later this month, and owners of the original game get it for just $10.
Posts Tagged ‘PT boats: knights of the sea’
By Jim Rossignol on October 12th, 2010.
By Jim Rossignol on November 6th, 2009.
War-gaming supremos Battlefront have released some footage of Akella’s naval simulator, PT Boats: Knights Of The Sea, and I’ve post it below for your inspection. The game is supposedly a strategy-action hybrid in which you can control warboats from German, Russian and Allied forces in World War II at both strategic and tactical levels. It certain looks intriguing. We first spotted this on the horizon early this year, and release is supposedly imminent, but there’s no firm date. Anyway, go take a look at boats firing their large weapons, below.
Read the rest of this entry »
Respond to our gibber
- BobbyDylan : “I've never tried this. I have enough toruble landing a lander on the mun in KSP.” on Shooting The Moon: Lunar Flight Adds Multiplayer
- LionsPhil : “Sanctum 1's biggest flaw there is that your guns cap before the enemies do. So for a little while if you spend heavy on guns ...” on Wot I Think: Sanctum 2
- MrLebanon : “many events are quite humorous. One of my favourites has to be raising the martial ambition with low martial... you end up playing D&D/Warhamme~ with ...” on Pagan Prose: Crusader Kings II – The Old Gods
- Slabs : “Despite the placeholder text for nearly everything I enjoyed what I played of the closed beta this weekend just gone. The combat reminded me of ...” on Capturetrainridefight! – Dragon’s Prophet’s Open Beta
- bstard : “When will the delayed effect of economics stop the flod of crappy P2W MMO's?” on Capturetrainridefight! – Dragon’s Prophet’s Open Beta