Back in the slower, happier year of 1999 there were a number of contenders for victory in the first round of “proper-3D” real time strategies. The finest of these was known as Warzone 2100, and its base-building prowess was practically unparalleled. The game has been freeware for some time, but is now supported by the Warzone 2100 Resurrection project, which is doing its best to provide for, and improve on, the original game. I’ve been playing Warzone again in 2009, and I’ve posted some thoughts and impressions after the jump.
Posts Tagged ‘pumpkin-2’
By Jim Rossignol on February 3rd, 2009.
Respond to our gibber
- MyLittleMetroid : “That statement is highly misleading. The currency you use to buy skills is earned in regular play. You can buy a big chunk of it ...” on A Grim Couple Of Hours With Akaneiro: Demon Hunter
- bstard : “F2p? Interest into upcoming game with funny looking pictures and good memories dropping to 0.” on PopCap On Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare
- Crosmando : “Can't say I care much, the "Enhanced Edition" was a turd, a big ugly low-res GUI designed for tablets first PC's second. Not to mention ...” on Yikes: Baldur’s Gate Enhanced Pulled, BGII On Hold
- Lord Custard Smingleigh : “GO FOR THE EYES, BEAMDOG!” on Yikes: Baldur’s Gate Enhanced Pulled, BGII On Hold
- TheApologist : “The soundtrack in Joe Danger is amazing. Have they released it?” on GI Joe Danger: Hello Games’ Team Fortress 2 Crossover