And I don’t mean games of The Road – that’s an entirely different kettle of misplaced licensing. I mean this: the road movie is a fruitful, interesting genre for film, and even TV, but what is it’s equivalent in gaming? Could it have one? Or are all linear games basically just that classic story-as-journey? Are shooters our road movies? Maybe, but perhaps there’s something in the nature of travel in videogames that makes it difficult to execute something authentically “road”. More essentially redundant thoughts below.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘random whimsy’
By Jim Rossignol on May 31st, 2010.
Respond to our gibber
- Alabaster Crippens : “Pretty sure it'll include a download once it's released. I assume the steam key won't get you anything downloadable yet.” on Skulls Of The Shogun Escapes Windows 8 Tyranny
- DutchDrunk : “That was the first thing that came to mind, how long it would take to get a remake of the SNES version. Which is still ...” on Shadowrun Returns Returning Next Month, Bringing Editor
- LordMidas : “Hmm, I'll have a handful of what you're taking please. COD: Trippy Whoa~fare - Dude!!” on OK, Seriously, Are They Going To Kill Call Of Duty Dog?
- LordMidas : “Call of Poochy: Modern Collarfare (dear god!! my fragile mind!)” on OK, Seriously, Are They Going To Kill Call Of Duty Dog?
- drewski : “They do this every time they bring out a new engine. Obviously whatever the sales are on PC don't justify the cost of converting the ...” on PC FIFA 14 Will Be Previous-Gen Version