Uh, hmm. So I completely forgot to post this on RPS yesterday despite spending time reading and commenting about it on other sites. Well, we don’t really cover hardware at the moment. I mean we probably should, but we don’t do it routinely. That’s my excuse. Anyway, Razer’s big announcement was a gaming laptop, the cleverly named “Razer Blade“, which they somehow believe is the world’s first gaming laptop (as evidenced in their reveal video, below). The specs are ok, I suppose – 2.8GHz i7, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT555M – but the real appeal of it is the weight and size:
125mm 22.5mm thick, and 3.2kg. Which means it is pretty portable. It also has an outrageously snazzy touchpad/screen thing and LCD hotkeys. Lovely. Sadly it costs $2,800. Eep.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Razer Blade’
By Jim Rossignol on August 27th, 2011.
Respond to our gibber
- Philomelle : “What it means is that you're not ragging it for the sake of maintaining a very tired running joke the way RPS writers seem to ...” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Extreme Precision
- JackShandy : “"I’m scared that people will play it once, think they saw it all, then never go back." Huh, that's exactly what I did. It took ...” on Level With Me, Ed Key
- The Random One : “" Affected bones would glow a greenish-white colour in the dark." Shut up, real life, you're trying too hard” on Hallelujah: Chemical Spillage Simulation Is Real
- spectone : “When I started to read this article this image of a computerised WHS quiz jumped into my head. Now I cannot dissacociate this game from ...” on Hallelujah: Chemical Spillage Simulation Is Real
- arccos : “Thank you for teaching me something I never, ever, ever wanted to know. My nightmares tip their hats to you!” on Hallelujah: Chemical Spillage Simulation Is Real