Last year’s splendidly stupid RTS spectactular, Red Alert 3, is soon to be joined by an expandalone game, Uprising. This new campaign is set after the end of the story arc of Red Alert 3 and features much of the acting talent of the original. The trailer beyond the jump shows developer Mical Pedriana explaining just what is going on in Uprising. He introduces some new Gothic environments, and the toxic goo squirting Desolators. No mention of the critical, relevant, addition of Holly Valance to the plot, however.
Posts Tagged ‘red alert 3: uprising’
By Jim Rossignol on February 18th, 2009.
By Alec Meer on January 9th, 2009.
As sure as the spinning of the Earth, the ageing of a man and the fury of a Metal Gear Solid 4 fan at finding the game isn’t at the top of someone’s game of the year list, there are expansions for every Command and Conquer game. Red Alert 3 – a game that seemed a little lost in the tidal wave of big Winter releases – is next to get the add-on treatment, with a little number EA are calling Uprising.
It’s specifically focused on the single player/co-op modes, by the sound of it – featuring four new mini-campaigns, one of which they’re describing as something of a dungeon crawler mode. I.e. it’s possibly doing what Dawn of War II is doing. Trends are funny things. Oh, and they’re promising an even larger Hollywood cast, which means Kieron and Leigh will probably get to talk about mammaries again. Below the info-hurdle, a snippet of footage and ENTHUSIASTIC SHOUTING NERDY MAN going into more detail about what EA claim is one of the best C&C expansions they’ve ever made. Given the underwhelming C&C3: Kane’s Wrath, that’s a bold promise.
Read the rest of this entry »
Respond to our gibber
- Gap Gen : “You am get Karma shards for performing good deeds for monsters, living good life.” on A Grim Couple Of Hours With Akaneiro: Demon Hunter
- Earl-Grey : “How ever one would go about communicating with this creature of legend, I think it would be best if we kept this revolutionary idea away ...” on OK, Seriously, Are They Going To Kill Call Of Duty Dog?
- pocketlint60 : “Keyser Soze killed Dumbledore's wife and blamed him for it.” on Lifeless Planet Showing More Signs Of Life
- The Dark One : “It's dawning on me that this article isn't about the kickstarted action RPG I expected.” on A Grim Couple Of Hours With Akaneiro: Demon Hunter
- Ninja Foodstuff : “Concur! I gave up trying to review it a while ago because life's too short.” on A Grim Couple Of Hours With Akaneiro: Demon Hunter