Of all the ill-fated games of recent years that I have been surprised to see live again, Mythos comes close to top of the list. When Flagship spiraled into bankruptcy it looked like the game would go down with them, but it turns out that companies such as HanbitSoft, Red Bana, and Frogster had other ideas. Over the past year the game has slowly come back to life, and has been at closed beta in North America for a while now. Frogster have just send word that their European beta for the “hack ‘n slash MMO” (they’re calling the “first” hack ‘n’ slash MMO, which doesn’t quite ring true in my brain) is now taking sign ups. There’s also a lovely video of the game in action on their site, too. Glad to see this one survive, and I am looking forward to seeing live and playable.
Posts Tagged ‘Red Bana’
By Jim Rossignol on December 13th, 2010.
Respond to our gibber
- Lambchops : “While your view resonates with me I'm not sure punning could be avoided.” on Wot I Think: Soundodger
- MichaelPalin : “Yes, yes, nice game and all, but Microsoft has just backpedaled from DRMing disc-based games on the Xbone. What does it say from us PC ...” on Wot I Think: Soundodger
- Josh W : “Someone give Peter a hug! It's interesting, because knowing what he's said about what he wanted his games to be, I can understand why he ...” on Telling Tales: Molyneux Vs Vanaman
- Lemming : “Tom's success has inspired me to get my procrastinating arse in gear. Well done, Tom!” on Gunpoint’s Creator Is Now Fabulously Wealthy, Still Nice
- zachforrest : “*snicker*” on Gunpoint’s Creator Is Now Fabulously Wealthy, Still Nice