Two-man studio Refactored gave us quite some cause for excitement when they recently showed off their extra-terrestrial colonisation strategy and survival game, Unclaimed World. With ambitious things being said, and Dwarf Fortress being referenced, I realised we had to find out more. I spoke to Morten Pedersen.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Refactored Games’
By Jim Rossignol on January 31st, 2013.
By Jim Rossignol on January 25th, 2013.
Crikey, look at this lovely indie RTS: Unclaimed World is “a single player game which takes cues from Dwarf Fortress and The Settlers but with more emphasis on survival, improvised crafting and research.” There’s a video of its beautiful rolling, living landscapes below in a video that shows scientists observing wildlife on an alien planet. Developers Refactored explain that they’re aiming to enable us to “plan and manage a human settlement on an alien planet.” So basically they have opened up my head and emptied out my videogame desires onto their design doc.
Respond to our gibber
- Sheng-ji : “Can you not read: I quote from you "You should be giving to a charity that ..." Like I said, you are an arrogant pig. ...” on Wake Sale: Alan Wake Now Humbled And Bundled
- Cinek : “I don't get this game to be honest. Sounds like one of these games which are difficult only because: A) noone bothered with good tutorial ...” on (Not) Rocket Science In Kerbal Space Program
- AngoraFish : “Okay, I've played now for several hours (well into noble stages), but I think I'm done. The game is addictive in a repetitive sort of ...” on 7 Grand Steps Takes One Giant Leap Toward Release
- Aardvarkk : “I was thinking it was a messier Smash TV revamp..” on Diablincoln: Second Chance Heroes Fuses ARPGs, History
- bjohndooh : “They just patched it out, giving resources instantly and added point-and-click trading of resources between players. Trading is a nice addition that should have been ...” on Wot I Think: Sanctum 2