The battle of Uncanny Valley is where CGI finally triumphed over reality: pixels stood proudly over humans showing off their parametrization maps and tone mapping that accurately depicted the imperfection of human skin and declared victory over reality. The first shot in the war fired when researcher Jorge Jimenez released this work on real-time realistic skin rendering, showing off the difference SSSS (Sexy Separable Subsurface Scattering – okay, I added that first ‘S’) makes.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Rendering’
By Craig Pearson on February 6th, 2012.
Respond to our gibber
- spectone : “When I started to read this article this image of a computerised WHS quiz jumped into my head. Now I cannot dissacociate this game from ...” on Hallelujah: Chemical Spillage Simulation Is Real
- arccos : “Thank you for teaching me something I never, ever, ever wanted to know. My nightmares tip their hats to you!” on Hallelujah: Chemical Spillage Simulation Is Real
- Stinkfinger75 : “I'm flabbergasted to read that Denny's has made its way across the Atlantic.” on Hallelujah: Chemical Spillage Simulation Is Real
- Strange Brew : “Are all games simulations? Are all simulations games? IS THERE A SPOON?!” on Hallelujah: Chemical Spillage Simulation Is Real
- AngoraFish : “I appreciate that you've written your comment as a quick, semi-humorous riposte without thinking, but feel free to reflect on the legal implications of "dodging" ...” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Extreme Precision