When we last glanced in Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning developer 38 Studios’ direction, trouble was afoot – but it was tiptoeing, perhaps while disguised as some form of shrubbery. Now, though, things have taken a whiplash-inducing turn for the worst. In short, Joystiq reports that former baseball star Curt Schilling’s unlikely venture has borrowed a total of $75 million from the state of Rhode Island – with a $1.125 million payment due on May 1. 38 – possibly now named after the amount of money in its bank account – couldn’t pay. Today, however, the company gave it a go anyway. Unsurprisingly, that didn’t end well.
Posts Tagged ‘Rhode Island’
By Nathan Grayson on May 18th, 2012.
Respond to our gibber
- bluebomberman : “You're reading too deeply into my comment. Nowhere do I say that programming for consoles is cake and pie.” on Bungie: Destiny Not Ruled Out For PC
- Jumwa : “Thanks for the response! Will skip the hassle. Too many games for me to play that don't require mucking with the defective GFWL client already, ...” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Extreme Precision
- bluebomberman : “It's my bid to get hired by RPS. Except I'm too serious.” on Bungie: Destiny Not Ruled Out For PC
- bluebomberman : “No. The advantages of mouse and keyboard only matter if you're going to have PC players on the same servers as console players. Cross-platform servers ...” on Bungie: Destiny Not Ruled Out For PC
- golem09 : “Jup, it does. Worst thing of all is, it tells me that I have to log in if I want online features. But then it ...” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Extreme Precision