Robot Rising is actually a Facebook-bound ARPG, featuring robots. But do they rise at all? Well, maybe a little bit, but mostly they kill other robots on a
2D 3D plane. Not much rising involved there. But anyway, even if you think social games are at an “evolutionary dead end” there’s still a glimmer of hope in the likes of the Robot Rising devs, Stomp Games, saying that they believe Facebook needs “core” games for more traditional gamers. Perhaps it does. And ARPGs might be a step in the right direction for that. Gunshine wasn’t too bad, either.
Posts Tagged ‘Robot Rising’
By Jim Rossignol on July 11th, 2012.
Respond to our gibber
- elderman : “Nothing I have seen of the first game looks remotely appealing to me. It just looks gross. I hear all the praise about the gameplay ...” on Revealed – Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
- BooleanBob : “Left Thor Dead. Think of the franchise crossover opportunities! Think of the HATS! Can Valve really afford not to do this??” on Of Course Valve Are Working On Half-Life 3, Now Shush
- 00000 : “That's exactly why Valve can't release Half-Life ever. (progress*time++~ / (expectations + expectations*tim~” on Of Course Valve Are Working On Half-Life 3, Now Shush
- G : “Left 4 Dead 4 The 4th Time” on Of Course Valve Are Working On Half-Life 3, Now Shush
- cunningmunki : “I'm working class and I'm from Wigan, and I hate football and rugby. So no, it's not a class thing. Actually, as you've probably guessed, ...” on PC FIFA 14 Will Be Previous-Gen Version