A good rock band always knows just how long to wait before playing an encore. By that logic, Ubisoft’s Rocksmith is a band that goes backstage, gets super drunk, forgets about the show entirely, wanders around in the parking lot, falls into a nearby lake and is presumed dead, and then shows up on Steam a year later. But, if nothing else, Rocksmith comes bearing gifts. Well, conditional gifts. Pre-purchasing will get you two bonus packs and entrance into a nifty beta, but be warned: It’s BYOG (which in this case stands for guitar, and not grognard, as most people would expect).
Posts Tagged ‘Rocksmith’
By Nathan Grayson on September 29th, 2012.
By Quintin Smith on March 16th, 2011.
So it turns out Ubisoft’s Rocksmith will be (1) coming to PC, (2) the first music game named after me personally and my remarkable reputation as a devil-may-care rock god, and (3) The first music game to work with real-life guitars. My feelings on this could be summarised succinctly, but I’ll spare you, just because I don’t think anybody wants to read the sentence “YES!” quite that many times. Details and first few trailers after the jump. Thanks to reader Lars “Teddible” Westergren for sending this in.
Read the rest of this entry »
Respond to our gibber
- Derpentine : “I'm fairly sure Jim is getting some kind of kickback from these chaps. Either way, Procedural World looks far better and although not exactly showing ...” on Making It With Science: A TUG Interview
- WJonathan : “Looks like a Lovecraftian-sca~ disaster. Procedurally generated plot arcs and characters? "the procedural plots are generated from basic blueprints" No, it's either randomly generated or ...” on Polyptical Discourse: The Kingsport Cases
- DarkLiberator : “A trailer that shows gameplay and explains the game. Good one.” on Call Of Juarez: Gunslinger Trailer #23134
- The Random One : “It seems to know how to use a narrow but versatile pool of movesets. We'll have to wait for it to come out of course, ...” on Coil Up With A Good Game: Teslagrad Footage
- The Random One : “Uh, the last video in the post is pretty much gameplay only.” on Making It With Science: A TUG Interview