Space Combat is all very simple isn’t it? Grab a game pad, pull the trigger, remember there’s no up and down, except when there is, and chocks away, eh? But it’s not necessarily like that. Rogue System developers DCI explain: “Rogue System also gives a nod to both classic and modern hardcore combat flight-sims by introducing fully integrated ship systems and the click-able cockpit to control them. Not only will you have to fly and fight, but you will also have to manage your ship and its functions to get the most out of it at all times.” Yep, that means keeping an eye on more subsystems than a game of FTL, as you can see in the video below. Sounds fancy, and it looks like DCI have made some serious progress with this project, but they’re also aiming for Kickstarter, so that’ll be interesting to watch.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Rogue System’
By Jim Rossignol on February 18th, 2013.
Respond to our gibber
- razgon : “Such a horrible game - You constantly move through mobs while attacking, the world is horrible, the graphics are horrible, the combat system is frankly ...” on Capturetrainridefight! – Dragon’s Prophet’s Open Beta
- Bluerps : “I think the landless adventurers are a feature that everyone gets, not only the pagans.” on Pagan Prose: Crusader Kings II – The Old Gods
- Bluerps : “This says it pretty well, I think. I like to say that the game is more "historically inspired" than "historically accurate". You can get a ...” on Pagan Prose: Crusader Kings II – The Old Gods
- Clavus : “I'll give this game a go once they release their Rift support. Been waiting for something new to try after I completed the HL2 series.” on Mods In Spaceeeee: Strike Suit Zero Steam Workshop
- Totally heterosexual : “YO THEM DOGS THEY WALK AROUND THE FUCKING HOUSE goty10/10mountai~” on Call Of Duty: Ghosts RPS EXCLUSIVE Dogshot Gallery