If nothing else, I have to say that Run – a self-described “series of interlinking segments twisting text into action into strategy” – is admirably eclectic. It begins as a platformer – except with stages made of unabashedly cryptic prose. But then, after you’ve unfolded a few chunks of the sci-fi-tinged tribal tale, Run enters “dream” segments that take the form of – oddly enough – old-school videogames. Impressively, each stage builds these throwbacks on top of each other – so first, it’s just Snake, but before long, you’ll encounter dreams that begin as Scorched Earth, morph into Space Invaders using debris left over from your tank battle, transition into Snake using the remains of both previous games – with Snake’s trail then forming the pathway for a pixelated platformer. Oh, and there’s also a recurring farming level, because why not? So that’s the cool part. Problem is, none of those thing fit particularly well together.
Posts Tagged ‘Run’
By Nathan Grayson on June 22nd, 2012.
Respond to our gibber
- Vorphalack : “''Is really easy to kill a spy with DR.'' Only if the spy isn't using the DR at the time.....or is just really bad. The ...” on Robots Need Hats Too: TF2′s Community Created Update
- Noise : “Though I personally think DS9 is the best trek series, I feel I must mention that Voyager is awesome 90s Star Trek. So much fun ...” on The Sunday Papers
- iavblog75 : “6... A work of a harvest,precisel~ because of your troublesome writing, we can feel so much weal, learn more our own understanding of their. The ...” on Quasi-Free Ubisoft Games
- derbefrier : “yes buy darksouls I need more noobs to invade :D also dont forget the mods : DSfix to fix the resolution http://blog.meta~ DSCfix so that ...” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Hit Back
- Eclipse : “You have Windows 8 right? I know it's retarded but if you do, I had your very same problem: you have to install the version ...” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Hit Back