I remember where I was when I first heard about QWOP, because I was in the offices of a certain other PC gaming publication, working for The Man. Now I work for A Man, that man being me. Stop looking at me like that! I am so. Anyway, QWOP popped up on someone’s screen and we all gathered around watching as something as simple as “run 100 metres” had been made needlessly complex. It gives direct control over the leg muscle groups of a sprinter: it’s like watching a drunken Riverdance on a sinking ship. We all returned to our keyboards and attempted to jerk our way to the gold medal, sadly aware that hilarious, flaily defeat would be a solo experience. Years later that particular sadness has been rectified in 2QWOP: in typically awkward, QWOPPY fashion it forces both players to use the same keyboard.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘running’
By Craig Pearson on February 20th, 2012.
Respond to our gibber
- Pliqu3011 : ““I really do like that concept art…” I don't know if anyone here cares about this, but the top image (and a lot of others, ...” on Bungie: Destiny Not Ruled Out For PC
- Keith Nemitz : “The latest beta included extensive documentation in-game. Press the red 'i' button.” on 7 Grand Steps Takes One Giant Leap Toward Release
- Exuro : “I don't know, this game definitely looks like it would be worth a look, and there are similarities, but this is definitely nowhere even close ...” on 7 Days To Die Looks Virally Impressive
- Lord Custard Smingleigh : “Screw the small steps! Kerbals leap, blindly! And then they usually discover they forgot to attach the safety line, and their maneuvering system is filled ...” on (Not) Rocket Science In Kerbal Space Program
- mehteh : “Dont care. PC needs games made for PC, its controls, and audience. Console focus titles on PC are boring.” on Bungie: Destiny Not Ruled Out For PC