Sanctum 2‘s release is hovering over us like a drone, and that’s a good thing, because Dr Smith rather enjoyed the original game, and I’ve got a kick out of what I’ve played so far of that shiny sequel. However, there is already something else with the Sanctum name on it on the Steam store page, and that’s Super Sanctum TD. And this where things get a bit meta: it’s a tower defence game from inside Sanctum 2, as you can see in the trailer below. It is apparently the result of nine months work, and is either free if you pre-order, or $4. It’s a tower defence game, like I am not sure they actually made in 16-bit days.
Posts Tagged ‘sanctum 2’
By Jim Rossignol on May 14th, 2013.
By Nathan Grayson on March 23rd, 2013.
Sanctum 2, the follow-up to Coffee Stain Studios’ first-person tower defense titan, has been a known quantity for quite some time now – at least, insofar as we know that we know very little about how it all comes together. Sure, Coffee Stain’s been running a rather expansive dev blog, but games are sometimes known for their gameplay. Or so I have heard. But enough hearing; let’s see some things. What kind of things, you ask? How about guns, giblets, jump pads, bug mechs, four-player co-op, and several-hundred thousand graphics? The break beckons. Do not deny it. It becomes dangerously aggressive when spurned.
By Alec Meer on March 14th, 2013.
Is this first footage from boots-on-the-ground tower defence sequel Sanctum 2 in-game or pre-rendered? Don’t ask me, I’m rapidly losing the ability to tell. Last week Jim showed me an Arma 3 video and I genuinely had to ask if it was from a game or a real recording, even though it featured a man being fired into the sky. I worry about myself, I really do. I’m pretty sure this is from the game itself though, even if it’s scripted up the wazoo for comic effect. If so, it will be a pretty videogame, as they go. It will also have towers in, but I guess we knew that.
Read the rest of this entry »
By Adam Smith on February 7th, 2012.
Top notch first-person space tower defense malarkey, Sanctum, is going to have a baby! Imagine that. The offspring will take the form of a sequel, which is going to dally with the consoles on the sly but if it’s as enjoyable as the original, I’m sure that won’t stop us from greeting it with delighted ‘awwws’ and dreadful babyspeak. Work has already begun at Coffee Stain Studios, who reckon they sold 300,000 copies of the first, but we shouldn’t expect Sanctum 2 before 2013 apparently. It’s also worth nothing that Sanctum is available for £2.37 on Steam for a few hours.
Respond to our gibber
- maximiZe : “So if that actually happened in your first game - which is unlikely since you'll be playing with a bunch of other absolute newcomers due ...” on The Sunday Papers
- Fenixp : “Right: MOBAs are not real-time strategy games. MOBAs are much closer to competitive action RPGs. Why on earth would anyone claim a MOBA to be ...” on The Sunday Papers
- Vorphalack : “''Your opinion != fact.'' My opinion is backed up by about 1500 hours of game time. I was quite good when I was playing, and ...” on Robots Need Hats Too: TF2′s Community Created Update
- maximiZe : “Wait, what? I'm saying, among other things, that generalizations are stupid.” on The Sunday Papers
- P.Funk : “Here's a hard motherfucking fact of life. The worker, the one who does the hard labour to build your society and all of its amenities, ...” on Robots Need Hats Too: TF2′s Community Created Update