Why isn’t there a weedkiller called Scourge? Or a rat poison? Consider these baffling questions while downloading the 272mb hunk of grognard goodness that is the Scourge of War – Gettysburg demo. The game that picks up where the fine Take Commands left-off, appears to do a lot of things right. Anyone arriving dust-caked and sweaty from Napoleon Total War is likely to be disappointed by the sprite-based spectacle and feeble rifle reports, but bowled over by the wily multi-tiered Battle AI and the extraordinary courier system. Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Scourge of War’
By Tim Stone on November 29th, 2009.
…The HistWar Demo
Originally commissioned by an ecstatic Lord Liverpool the day after the Battle of Waterloo, HistWar: Les Grognards – wargaming’s Duke Nukem Forever – is now so close you can smell its pungent musket-smoke-and-baccy odour. The demo has been promised for today. How should a groggy fellow fill these last tense hours?
Respond to our gibber
- Thurgret : “The £21 Metro: Last Light is, as far as I know, the pre-order edition -- at least if "limited edition" is what they named the ...” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Hit Back
- Jason Lefkowitz : “Steam also has Borderlands 2 on sale, for $13.59/£10.19. Slightly more than GMG, but except in cases of huge price disparity I'd rather buy direct ...” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Hit Back
- Railboy : “Wow! A friend just told me this had shown up on RPS. I don't know how that happened but hey, awesome. I'm the guy making ...” on The Younger Scrolls: Morblivion – Frontiers
- ffordesoon : “I love the Metal Gear games as stories. They're like weirdly ambitious B-movies, or a sincere attempt on Dan Brown's part to imitate Umberto Eco. ...” on Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Revenges On PC
- Fiyenyaa : “I just reinstalled windows recently, and having played 30 or so hours of Dark Souls the past couple of weeks I was itching to get ...” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Hit Back