Salem‘s chilled out lead man Björn Johannessen talks a bit more about the nature of his intriguing colonial fantasy MMO in a new diary, which you can see by peering onto the next page. In this latest video Johannessen explains how civilisation works in Salem’s player-formatted world: making it more civilized makes it easier to use, and the further you get from these centres of peace and civility, the nastier it becomes. You may need to trek out there into the dark, however, because of the weird things that live out there, and the resources they provide. The lo-fi sandbox MMO is also now taking sign ups, so if this sort of thing interests you it might be worth putting your email in the box over here.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘seatribe’
By Jim Rossignol on March 23rd, 2012.
By Adam Smith on September 28th, 2011.
Is anyone interested in watching an hour and a half of Salem’s developers playing an early version for an hour and a half while answering viewers’ questions? Salem isn’t the easiest game in the world to describe, being a crafting-based MMO set in 17th Century New England, with permadeath, alchemy, farming and beasties. That’s why it’s so impressive that I just described it, even if I may have told you nothing you don’t already know. Thankfully, you’ll find out lots you don’t know in the video. The audio is more informative than the actual game footage, with combat in particular looking a bit of a chore at the moment, but there’s a lot of detail on how things will actually work. The first fourteen minutes of the video is dead air, as this was originally a livestream that started too soon.
Respond to our gibber
- becomingjenn : “I'd been waiting for this game to come out since you all had previewed it before. Let me say I was not disappointed. For 8.99 ...” on Reus And Renaissance Heroes Are Things You Can Play
- Iskariot : “The change in visual appearance shocked me to be honest, but it could still be a reasonable game. I so much want a vampire game ...” on Will It Be Any Good? We’re Still In The DARK
- Radiant : “and in the game.” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Hit Back
- Radiant : “Sleeping dogs is a lot of fun. Although not enough sleeping and there are no dogs in it. I did, however, jump a motorbike over ...” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Hit Back
- Matchstick : “As a more serious response, I ordered Metro:LL from SimplyCD last night and it worked fine once I noticed there was a confirmation email sent ...” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Hit Back