Blue has pointed out that we seem to have got some news from 2010 this week, with the arrival of the Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter demo on Steam. The HD version of The Second Encounter was originally release just under two years ago, and has waited until now to get a demo. It seems to be promotion for the 75% sale of the game currently taking place on Steam, but seems like a good opportunity to try it for nowt, should slaughtering endless hordes and delivering a few quips be your sort of thing.
Posts Tagged ‘Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter’
By Jim Rossignol on May 17th, 2012.
By Nathan Grayson on May 9th, 2012.
Hm. This sort of came out of nowhere. Well, maybe not nowhere, exactly. I mean, free-to-play has voraciously consumed the hearts of every other business model and gained their powers, and Croteam’s been known to host the occasional F2P weekend from time-to-time on Steam. But it still surprised me, OK? Gosh. At any rate, this is exactly what it sounds like: Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter’s versus and survival multiplayer modes will – beginning May 15 – attempt to carve out their own niche in an increasingly crowded F2P landscape. Probably with bombs.
By Alec Meer on May 19th, 2011.
A Serious Sam game without its screaming headless bombermen, the Kamikazes, would not be a Serious Sam game. Hence, it has now been indisputably proven that the upcoming Serious Sam 3: BFE is definitely a Serious Sam game. The bellowing explodey-blokes are back, but they’re… different.
Read the rest of this entry »
By John Walker on June 8th, 2010.
I was wondering where the terrifying, brain-hurting ads were for the Serious Sam: Second Encounter HD update. It may have been out a month already, but there’s no way I can resist posting this trailer. It’s… unsettling.
By John Walker on April 8th, 2010.
After the really rather splendid job Croteam did with remaking Serious Sam, it’s good news to see Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter coming along so soon. You can see a frenetic trailer of the action action action below, and begin salivating over a co-op play-through of the second game’s manic scenes.
Respond to our gibber
- Pliqu3011 : “Every “TF2 in a nutshell”-vide~ ever.” on Robots Need Hats Too: TF2′s Community Created Update
- Targaff : “Not having bought any of the Sonic games before, the Sonic Action Pack for $9.99 was a bit of a barg, too.” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Hit Back
- Arkh : “To be fair, in this week deals they are offering up to 50% off, so for some titles, like DW, it's as close as it ...” on The Flare Path: Parleys With A Warlord
- Curundir : “I'm on a quest against Nathan's excessive use of hyphens. (Use-of-hyphens?~ "From the ground-up" and "two-person team" are two examples of unnecessary and incorrect use ...” on The Younger Scrolls: Morblivion – Frontiers
- RobF : “It's not a great selection. Alien Shooter 2 is a once reasonably fun shoot-everything~ game ten years ago getting yet another needless expansion/sequel that fails ...” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Hit Back