Forthcoming tactical combat game Shadowrun Online, which we first looked at here (and not to be confused with the gigantically Kickstarted RPG, Shadowrun Returns) has revealed some early game footage, which they stress is a work-in-progress prototype, and you can see that below. But they too have hit Kickstarter, aiming for a fulsome $500k to fund their work. They’ve also rethought some of their plans about how he game is to be paid for, and are now opting for a model not unlike Guild Wars, as you can see below.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Shadowrun Online’
By Jim Rossignol on July 25th, 2012.
By Jim Rossignol on October 25th, 2011.
Last week Cliffhanger let us know that in addition to Jagged Alliance Online, they’re also planning to launch Shadowrun Online as an browser-based RPG. It’s an intriguing project, so we decided it might be an idea to have a chat with Cliffhanger’s Jan Wagner to find out more. You can discover the results of this conversation below, along with the first images from the game itself.
Read the rest of this entry »
By Jim Rossignol on October 13th, 2011.
Cliffhanger (also doing Jagged Alliance Online) have announced that they will be making a Shadowrun game. The fantasy-meet-cyberpunk setting is a splendid one, and Cliffhanger’s effort looks closer to the old RPG than the recent shonky multiplayer take on the game concept. Cliffhanger explain their approach: “it will have a perspective camera in a 3D setting, much like our Jagged Alliance Online game… So, it will be a decent quality, but it won’t be what some call AAA. The reason for that is simple: We are doing a browser based game. This means anyone can access it at any time from their PC… But that also means we need to limit visuals. I hope you agree that gameplay is king, so we think the visuals are decent enough.”
There’s a bit more information over at the announcement, including an explanation of how the game will have two parts – action map and city planning level map. Sounds intriguing.
Respond to our gibber
- robotslave : “By this standard, of course, "propaganda" is a word without any meaning at all. But then, that's what you meant, right?” on Greenlit: Game Dev Tycoon, RIOT, More
- Lawful Evil : “@cowardly: "I do agree that it’s unfair to do what he did" Why? Because of this: "giving back to the mathematical community that, given his ...” on The Sunday Papers
- Lawful Evil : “They simply allow other aspects of yourself to surface. Do not think that anger is any less legitimate aspect of yourself than being calm and ...” on The Sunday Papers
- robotslave : “It always amuses me to see Max Weber grossly misquoted like this; he doesn't merely observe that government "has a monopoly on force," but rather ...” on Greenlit: Game Dev Tycoon, RIOT, More
- Gap Gen : “There are some games that are great at making otherwise reasonable people very angry. I remember continuously swearing at people in L4D.” on The Sunday Papers