This morning I’ve been watching this off-screen GDC presentation of Planetside 2, and realising that my life is incomplete without it. I thought I need a cat, flat and significant other, but really my goal in life is to be the best damn Infiltrator I can be. There are four videos below, with about 30 minutes of Planetside 2 exposition, starting with an overview and showing everything from the large scale battles and maps, to the store and stats. They’ve finally released details about the most important/worrying aspect: the business model. Succinctly: they’re selling customisation options, side-grade weaponry can be earned or bought, and anything that’ll directly affect the way you play (medkits or implants) are earned in-game. As is the way of these things, there will be a subscription option as well.
Posts Tagged ‘Shut up and take my money’
By Craig Pearson on March 7th, 2012.
By Craig Pearson on February 9th, 2012.
Fus Ro My! This is the second Skyrim video of the day that’s had me all wibbly. Bethesda‘s Todd Howard was on stage at the Dice Summit yesterday, and talked about an internal, company-wide gamejam Bethesda held: the Skyrim team took a week off from carving out individual fork tines and working out the perfect cloud wisp equation to make whatever they wanted for Skyrim. There’s no guarantee we’ll get to play with the results, but the buildable houses with skeletal butlers, Thief-style water arrows, combination spells, mahoosive Mudcrabs, and much more all look amazing. I’m considering starting a Kickstarter that’ll fund my trip to sit outside Bethesda for a month holding a sign that just reads: “Do It!”. Video is, you know, down there.
Respond to our gibber
- Gap Gen : “You am get Karma shards for performing good deeds for monsters, living good life.” on A Grim Couple Of Hours With Akaneiro: Demon Hunter
- Earl-Grey : “How ever one would go about communicating with this creature of legend, I think it would be best if we kept this revolutionary idea away ...” on OK, Seriously, Are They Going To Kill Call Of Duty Dog?
- pocketlint60 : “Keyser Soze killed Dumbledore's wife and blamed him for it.” on Lifeless Planet Showing More Signs Of Life
- The Dark One : “It's dawning on me that this article isn't about the kickstarted action RPG I expected.” on A Grim Couple Of Hours With Akaneiro: Demon Hunter
- Ninja Foodstuff : “Concur! I gave up trying to review it a while ago because life's too short.” on A Grim Couple Of Hours With Akaneiro: Demon Hunter