The PC is the mother of all game machines. Every other system’s games are made on our wonderful boxes, even the silly systems with odd peripherals and wonky names. They don’t much sillier than Sifteos: little, square interactive, er, things. Plaques? Tiles. I’ll go with tiles. Anyway, these tiles each have a touchscreen display, and motion and proximity sensors. When you play with them, you simply rearrange their positions, angles, orientations, and depending on what’s installed the game will change accordingly. The best thing about Sifteos, though, is there’s a PC emulator for the developer to test games out. Squaresville, a neat little platform game, lets you fiddle with the magic cubes without owning them.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Sifteos’
By Craig Pearson on March 13th, 2013.
Respond to our gibber
- MobileAssaultDuck : “Actually, that is a misconception. Heavy leather and silk Samurai armor, with a full helm, weighed in around 65 lbs. Heavy european field plate only ...” on Heavy Gear Assault Enters The Kickstarter Arena
- Winstons : “I paid with a debit card. /\/\ - what this guy said.” on Guns For Hire: Jagged Alliance – Flashback
- JonClaw : “Been waiting for this for years...” on N Times: The Way Of The Ninja Updates
- Maximinus : “I'm reading this on a 4:3 monitor (admittedly my alternate monitor). Also, "we put the N you'll add the FU" is the greatest joke I've ...” on N Times: The Way Of The Ninja Updates
- Mr. Mister : “16:10 for the win. I'm so sad it seems to have lost the resoluition wars...” on N Times: The Way Of The Ninja Updates