Way back in time, when the world was in 8-bit and we all paid for our cholera gruel with children’s teeth, Valve were working on Half-Life. It wasn’t very good, and Valve took the decision to rewrite most of the game. Somewhere in the multiverse there’s a universe where that version of Half-Life was released. The first difference between universes is that the 1997 alpha wasn’t improved. Valve and Steam are no more, and SiN is the game we all remember fondly. Games For Windows Live is the main digital distribution channel. We clearly have the better universe, but if you want a glimpse into the world that could have been, then I have videos of the original Half-Life alpha for you.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘SiN’
By Craig Pearson on January 9th, 2013.
Respond to our gibber
- Death Saved : “Looks miserably slow.” on The Mighty Quest For Epic Trailers?
- Darkwings : “The title suggested the use of contrast when it's really using perspective and projection. Also, if she can completely turn into her shadow and ignore ...” on The Soaring ’20s: Contrast Platforms On The Shadows
- The_Great_Skratsby : “I still love Interstate 76' so I'm going to have to give this a look. Have to.” on Road Rage Turns Into Car Wars In Autoduel
- mseifullah : “I don't know what's got people in such an insensitive mood today, but I appreciate your post and I think you've made some very critical ...” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry’s Hatred Of Generosity
- MobileAssaultDuck : “An adventure into my head while reading the headline. "...Rebirthing..~ "To rebirth something, wouldn't they have to put it back in?" *pictures stillborn fetus being ...” on Final Fantasy XIV Rebirthing Its Realm In August